Friday, June 27, 2008

Oh my...

I'm playing chess with myself. It's one of those long drawn out games. I feel like the world has stopped, but then I'm reminded... no, just your world. I've always wondered if we all look at the same object and call it green but really see different colors. It would explain really bad taste. Our minds do crazy things; at this point I don't think anything would surprise me. It's actually really hard for me to seem, sound, be excited, surprised, shocked, or any other kind of strong emotion. I once got really excited during a game of ultimate frisbee; everyone slowed down and glanced at me nervously not knowing how to interpret or react to my enjoyment. Watching TV with my brothers one day, I said, "Ugh, she's so ugly!" My oldest brother asked me why I was always so negative. So I decided to be positive. When the next girl came on the show, I said, "Wow, she's beautiful!!" To this they responded, "Okaaay...", "Not really." I was confused, I didn't know what was expected of me. When I heard some people talking about Princess Diana's death, I said something like, "Well, it's about time." I felt like I should add something to the conversation... except their mouths dropped open and they stared at me in confused disbelief. Emotions, primarily expressing them, has never been my forte.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

y creo que esa es una de las razones por las que me caes bien. and when you do show emotion, se siente más real.