Sunday, June 29, 2008

Inspired by Benetton

Last night I had a strange train of thought after I witnessed a car crash from the 12th floor of the apartment building where I sleep but don't live. The last part went something like this:
  • My Benetton bag I bought at a flea market, aka Cumavi
  • Benetton adds
  • "Benetton couples" (interracial)
  • Couples
  • Sex
  • Love (yes... it was in that order)
  • The need to love
  • The need to be loved
  • The realization that the need to love is stronger than the need to be loved

It makes me wonder, have I ever been in love? I know I've thought so at the time, but when it's over I think... naw, I wasn't in love... it wasn't real... I was blind... it was stupid... I wasn't in love.

And now I've become this completely rational, cold minded person, that doesn't believe in romance, or butterflies (the stomach ones), much less soul mates. I snicker at hand-holding and intimate whispers.

...but try as I may to ignore it, the need to love is strong.

5 comments:

a penny for the old guy said...

you know. no question, no talking yourself out of it. you know. It is that simple.

(or at least, in my universe it is)
(but my universe kinda... is different from other people's sometimes)

Monday's Child said...

I am left wondering hopw the car crash led you to think of your benneton bag.

I'm back and I it is 2.36 am and I am lying on my bed and writing a comment on your post and you are a few feet away sleeping on the floor of my living room and it is completely weird and normal all at the same time.

lailachi said...

Yay for things weird but normal!! And yay for personal universes too :)
I think when one is inlove one says things like, "you just know" but when one isn't it's extremely vague again and one(me)doesn't remember what "just knowing" felt like, so I'm guessing you're inlove... or maybe just not as skeptical as I am. Either way, congratulations!

lilo. said...

yay?
hahaha

amazedlife said...

Hi! I have seen you on peliculas in my head but never headed over - this post is great, though. Honduras... I studied there when I was in undergrad, for a semester. Not the longest of my overseas experiences, but it does come up, so I leave it on the list :)