Thursday, May 22, 2008

It's now officially tomorrow, by that I mean the sun has set. So really, if we are going to meet up with someone at night, we could say "see you tomorrow" instead of "see you tonight"... it would get pretty confusing though. The word tonight would no longer have any use.

I wonder what the universal language will be. If it's not English I'm kind of screwed; I'd have to find a new occupation. I've always wondered what it would be like to learn a new language because I don't remember learning any language I speak... that souds like I speak 10 languages :) I'd love to learn a new one but I can't decide which would make sense to learn. I guess Farsi to honor my roots. In that case it would be Azari though; I'm not sure how useful that would be unless I move to northwestern Iran... ummm, I don't think so. I've heard Farsi speakers are in great demand in the states, I could move back to my passport country... ummm, I don't think so. Let's see, most of my students are Korean; I could tap that. Then I would speak a language only spoken in 2 countries in the world!!! And that's only because the 1 divided... ummm, utterly useless but an interesting option. When I lived in the states people would ask me if I was a Korean exchange student, hahahaha!! I guess they do "exchange" a lot. I could give one class a week for free in exchange of a free Korean class a week. I once gave free English classes in exchange of guitar lessons... it lasted 1 class.

So it's decided!! I will learn a language destined to become extinct. Yay! Please talk me out of it...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to suggest that you learn.

It is a planned language which belongs to no one country or group of states. Take a look at www.esperanto.net

Esperanto works! I've used it in speech and writing in a dozen countries over recent years. I recommend it!

lailachi said...

Thanks Bill, I have heard of Esperanto before but I'd never considered it. I'll check it out!