Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Fuck it

"Why didn't you come before?" she said.
It wasn't a question, it was an accusation.

"Didn't you know?"
No, I guess I didn't.
How could I? Are we supposed to just absorb information from the atmosphere? Was I supposed to have innate knowledge?

Or maybe I did know.
Maybe I knew but it wasn't acceptable.
Maybe I did absorb knowledge through my skin or read it at whatever.com but never felt it was an option.

It takes a good many years before we even begin to realize that sometimes we must do things that aren't "an option", sometimes we must make it an option.
Because we can't undo things.
Sometimes we can't mend what is torn.
We can only try to hide the tear with a patch and pretend we are untorn.

And why must we feel so scared and ashamed?
Why must we be made to feel inferior just because others won't admitt to their own mistakes?
How can you make a child feel unpure?
We all lose our innocence through no fault of our own.
How ironic... we are blamed of inmaturity before we know what the word means, we are charged with crimes we didn't know existed and are ultimately sentanced to eternal damnation before we've even cosidered our own beliefs.
The influence is so strong we imagine thick steel bars where there are none and fight our whole lives against the desire to be free.
We drown in the shame of wanting liberty.

So fuck it
Who are you to judge me?

No comments: