Thursday, February 26, 2009

My treat...

When happiness is questioned, a frown replaces the smile.
When faith is questioned, reassurance and trust becomes doubt and fear.
When love is questioned, the butterflies become an upset stomach.
I’ve realized I tend to question all that is good. I wonder if people’s laughs are fake, not to mention my own. Generosity makes me squint my eyes as if that way I can see their true intentions. Either you think I can’t afford it, or you don’t want me to think that you can’t, or you want me to feel indebted to you forever because of a Coke, or maybe you want me to trust you so that you can steal my identity… it’s never just a Coke. Oh, I forgot one: Does he think that makes him a man? Or: Does she think that proves her independence and equality? Actually that one is usually directed towards myself.
Anywho, like my aunt says, I think we should trust our feelings more. Not the ones that tell us to shoot the woman with the mullet, the ones that tell us: laugh, trust, love…

No comments: